So I admittedly tried Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew and it was delicious, however, I wanted a vegan version.
I bought some pumpkin puree and coconut milk and went to town. Coconut milk tends to be a little thicker so I thought it would be perfect for this recipe. You can use coconut milk from a carton, or, for a thicker version, you can use full-fat canned coconut milk and only use the thicker part that sits on top. Using a hand-mixer for the second version is easier on your arms unless you want to count it as your workout for the day!
Vegan Pumpkin Cream
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (with spices or plain, if you use one with spices then omit the spice ingredients)
- 3 cups coconut milk (carton or can)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp of ginger
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
Makes enough for multiple cups of coffee – serving size is to personal taste.
- Pour coconut milk/cream into a medium mixing bowl.
- If using carton milk: add pumpkin and spices and sugar and mix with a whisk until smooth.
- If using canned top cream: Use a hand mixer on medium-high speed to get it to thicken up a little but not to whip cream consistency. Then add pumpkin, spices, and sugar.
- To help prevent separating when mixing with hot coffee, slowly heat up pumpkin cream over the stove until hot.
Then just add it to whatever hot drink you like! It’s even good on its own!
Who’s ready for fall!? We love Fall/Halloween season! It’s our favorite time of the year! Do you have drink recipes that you love? Let us know below! We would love to try them.